Traditional grain based equine diets can contain ingredients with high levels of inflammatory Omega 6 fatty acids and low levels of beneficial Omega 3 fatty acids.
When added to the equine diet Key-3 Oil helps to maintain the critical ratio of omega 3 & omega 6 fatty acids, minimising inflammatory responses and supporting good health and performance.
Omega 3 DHA & EPA found in fish oil - Key-3 Oil contains fish oil, a potent direct source of the beneficial longer chain omega 3 fatty acids Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Omega 3 from vegetable oil sources is only present in the form of Linolenic acid, which must be converted to EPA and DHA by the horse before it can be properly utilized.
Adding Key-3 Oil to your horse’s diet is a more advanced and effective method of supplementing Omega 3.
- Direct source Omega 3 DHA & EPA for Horses and Ponies
- Highly Palatable
- Superior digestibility with optimum nutrient absorption
- Slow release, starch free energy for calm performance
- Top-dress over daily feed
- British Ingredients
Benefits by horse type
- General & Maintenance - General health and vitality
- May benefit horses with risk of skin irritation
- Restores the omega 3:omega 6 ratio in high omega 6 diets
Performance and Race Horses
- May increase red blood cell flexibility known to enhance oxygen delivery
- Supplements with a high DHA content have been shown to help lower heart rates during exercise
- The respiratory system may benefit from enhanced blood circulation and reduced inflammatory responses
Stallions at Stud
- Studies have shown that supplements with a high DHA content have contributed to improved motility in chilled or frozen semen
Aged Horses and Ponies
- Omega 3 supplementation in humans has shown to reduce the rate of cartilage degradation including associated pain and inflammation
- Natural vegetable oils, fish oil and garlic oil
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.