Heygates Quail Grower Pellets. The Heygates quail feed range is formulated from locally produced cereals and quality protein sources fortified with minerals and vitamins. Each of the feeds is specifically designed to satisfy the nutritional requirements of quail at different stages of maturity.
The grower and breeder rations are manufactured as a palatable 2.2mm mini pellet. A non-medicated mini pellet designed to follow on from Superstarter Crumbs. The protein and energy are balanced to maximise growth and development.
- 0-4 weeks Superstarter Crumbs (27% protein superfine crumb + Avatec)
- 4-8 weeks Quail Grower (20% protein 2.2mm mini pellet)
- 8 weeks + Quail & Partridge layer/Breeder (19.5% protein 2.2mm mini pellet)
The Quail Grower can be omitted and Superstarter fed for longer but the layer/breeder pellets must be fed for at least five days before eggs are eaten.
- 0-4 weeks Superstarter Crumbs
- 4 weeks + Quail Grower
Feed intakes will vary according to breed and environmental conditions but typical quantities are:
- 0-4 weeks 100 grams per bird per week
- over 4 weeks 115 grams per bird per week
Meat birds are normally slaughtered at 40 to 45 days. Growth rate is rapid until five weeks of age, thereafter it slows down and adult weight is achieved at about 50 days.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.